Having grown up in France, I am a huge fan of Maison du Monde. They have a great collection of worldly items which can make your decor unique, generally at affordable prices and they have a great sustainable development plan which is really important for me (as generally I don’t buy new and if I do, it has to be sustainable). They launched their UK online shop last Spring so you can now get their gorgeous items here (which will save me from filling my suitcase during my next trip home). As I am counting on Spring coming soon – wishful thinking I know – here are my top picks from MdM for the Spring. They are all under £20 apart from the rattan headboard and kids’ chair. Rattan is going to be a big trend this year and these items were too gorgeous not to include.
Left to right:
- Pineapple lamp: this is a modern twist on a classic.
- 50cm tall flamingo: this would look amazing in a nursery.
- Rattan mirror: I want to get this mirror for our living room!
- Knitted cactus, cactus pot and cactus wood artwork: they are all on trend with the cactus nursery/kids’ bedroom trend.
- Rattan headboard: this is a huge crush of mine. It’s also available in white.
- Macrame wall hanging: this is another trend and at £24.99 this is one of the best priced ones on the market.
- Rattan kid’s chair