My head has been full of all things bicycle the last few days. Bicycles were the starting point for this boy’s bedroom design. I think this could suit a boy from a young age and includes statement pieces that would definitely be packed off to uni and beyond. (My husband has his eye on the French ‘le vélo’ school poster!)
The paint colour is Dulux Night Jewels 5 my favourite grey. And I love pairing it with yellow, black and teak.
Here is the final styleboard: I’ve shown it with a white ceiling, white skirting board and a grey carpet.
Left to right:
- Tolix inspired metal chair in sexy matte grey. Not only is this a great looking chair, it will also take some beating which is important in a boy’s room.
- Desk Now if you follow my blog you might recognise this desk from my China girl styleboard – yup that’s how much I love it! I like investing in quality furniture that will last and get moved round the house or even move out with your child.
- There’s quite a bit of art in this room and it’s a big chunk of the budget (£174.99 in total) but I believe that these are pieces that your boy will keep for life. Bicycle family tree print, French school poster ‘le velo’, dead end metal sign and BMX bicycle taxidermy.
- Floor lamp This yellow beauty is 180cm high and I love the play on scale.
- Single Bed frame This is a great simple single metal bed frame which would suit a child or teenager. I love the pop of yellow but it is also available in grey, pink, teal -which is more of a light blue-, black and white.
- Linen bedding: I love linen bedding especially for children as they often have problems regulating their body temperature as they dream and grow. It’s also meant to look messy which is a plus in a kid’s room! H&M home have a lovely collection of affordable linen bedding and cushion covers.
- Tolix inspired metal stool I love how versatile these are. Here I’ve shown one as a bed side table but they could be used when a mate comes over or round the house and garden (we have them in white in our garden).
- Bedside lamp Here I’ve shown an IKEA FADO table lamp hack with a bicycle wheel drawn on it. If you google IKEA FADO hack you’ll get lots of inspiration.
Total spend of £747.96 (included £174.99 of art)
If you need more storage, I would recommend the IKEA LIXHULT metal cabinet collection in grey, yellow and white to compliment the look.
If you would like me to provide a styleboard for your home please contact me.