Inspired by my current love of pink and green, I made this Dulux paint palette based around my favourite pink: Pink Nevada 6, and complimented by two tones of green Highland Green and Fresh Sage. The two greens give it depth. Looking at these soft dreamy natural colours, I could see a beautiful tween (toddler to teenager) girl’s bedroom. Here is the styleboard with items in the winter sales: I’ve shown it with a feature wall in a Highland Green behind the bed, Pink Nevada 6 walls, white ceiling, white skirting board and a grey carpet.
Left to right:
- Desk in green. Currently in the sale with an additional 20% off. It’s full size so will last.
- Chair in pastel pink (emerald green would also work in this design if you were using a desk or table you already had). Both colours in the sale.
- Pendant. They also do matching wall lights for bedtime stories in bed or secret midnight reading.
- I love the effect of the 4 botanic watercolours by French artist Redouté grouped together (Hortensia, Magnolia Soulangiana, Rosa Muscosa and Geranium varieté). They make up a big chunk of the budget (£360 in total) but I believe that these are pieces that your daughter will keep for life. And of course you could find something similar on eBay or in a local charity shop.
- Day bed in powder pink. Currently in the sale with an additional 20% off. It matches the desk and is a lovely Scandinavian inspired design which would see a toddler through to a teenager.
- Linen bedding: I love linen bedding especially for children as they often have problems regulating their body temperature as they dream and grow. It’s also meant to look messy which is a plus in a kid’s room! H&M home have a lovely collection of affordable linen bedding and this colour light pink is currently in the sale (I got it for my daughters’ shared bedroom). The cotton canvas cushion covers are dark green (in the sale) and khaki green.
Total spend of £868.30 (included £360 of art)
If you need affordable storage, I would recommend the IKEA MALM chest of drawers and bedside tables in light green to compliment the look.
If you would like me to provide a styleboard for your home please contact me.