It’s funny where design inspiration comes from; yesterday after posting my mustard and pink styleboard (which I had designed months ago but hadn’t published) I had someone say that it was fab but that the China Girl inspired one (shown at the bottom of the post) was really fab too. Seeing the Farrow&Ball Oval Room Blue and the mustard on the same page, I was inspired to design this styleboard. Mustard and teal.
Here is the styleboard: I love how the pops of colour really stand out against the paint colour but it still feels peaceful. I’ve shown it with a white ceiling, white skirting board, a grey carpet and of course some pre-loved items.
Left to right:
- Curtain: This is a linen blend curtain (so it doesn’t crease too much). Please note that this is a single curtain not a pair.
- Pendant light.
- Pink Tolix inspired metal stool: I love how versatile these stools are. Here it’s shown as a bed side table but it could be used round the house and garden (we have them in white in our garden).
- Linen bedding: I love linen bedding especially for children as they often have problems regulating their body temperature as they dream and grow. It’s also meant to look messy which is a plus in a kid’s room! H&M home have a lovely collection of affordable linen bedding and velvet cushions.
- Dream neon light.
- Teak desk: Now if you follow my blog you will know that I like investing in furniture that will last and I have a thing about retro scandi teak furniture. I LOVE this desk and this is the kind of furniture that will last and get moved round the house.
- Chair: I love a good chair and this one you will keep for years.
- Desk lamp.
- Framed Frida Kahlo art print by Adeline Meilliez
I hope you’re inspired!